Monday, December 4, 2006

First Sunday of Advent

It was a cold weekend in Springfield. Lots of snow and ice. As you know, from the earlier photo, Dad and I spent some time on Saturday shoveling snow.

We had a good Sunday of worship and music. Our son Stan is quite musical so Dad got to see his grandson play French horn in a brass ensemble in the atrium between services. Later, Stan played in a bell choir during the worship service. I played for communion later in the service. I think Dad enjoyed his time in church.

After church we went out for Mexican food and got home to relax for a little while. In the afternoon, Kitti took the kids sledding and I took Dad to Drury for Vespers—mass choir with string quartet, harp, and brass choir. It’s the big event for our concert choir. It was well attended in spite of the weather. Then back to church for choir rehearsal. Dad enjoyed some time in the church library while we rehearsed.

Today is quite cold and everyone has left for school. Dad will be home with Dixie. I think that Dad’s time in our house must be like taking a drink from a fire hydrant. It’s either all on or all off. Dad is enjoying the blog. I printed off Charlie's post--he's read it several times.

ram

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hello, Grandpa! Welcome to the blogosphere!

I linked to you from my blog, so your blog may get visits from me, and my friends, and strangers who cross paths with me in cyberspace.

I enjoy the updates from your jaunt in Springfield. Sounds like a fun and interesting time.

Si valetis, valeo.

Rachel Beth